How to hold down a full-time career, get a graduate degree, participate in a social/charity group, and grow a fetus in your uterus all at the same time. The working woman's guide to pregnancy.

Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Am I Really Pregnant?

So I've started going through other blogs similar to mine to find links that my readers might find interesting. I even found the blog of a couple who are due the exact same day we are: http://makingaperson.blogspot.com/.

And here's what I've learned...we are so behind the curve! Clearly my reluctance to announce and obsess about my pregnancy is not shared by my blogosphere friends. Even the pictures of the pregnant women who are also due in April freak me out. They actually look pregnant! Maybe I look pregnant to some, but I think I mostly look somewhat chunky (this has been confirmed by my mother). And, no, I won't post pictures of myself so that you can be the judge.

So it begs the question: Am I really pregnant? Was that really a fetus I saw in the sonogram last week?

And if I am actually pregnant, am I missing the hormones that are supposed to make me want to clear out a room and start collecting car seats?

7 comments:

Shanley said...

Oh. Oh my. The other blog. wow. Wow. hmm. yeah. I have a lot to say. Not here.

Anonymous said...

I am impressed with your candor and grateful for your fulfillment of my own need to obsess over your pregnancy :)

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for the link to my site over there on your sidebar. I'm adding you to the due date roster (unless you'd rather I not, of course).

Anonymous said...

I love your honesty with this! But here's the deal: comparing yourself to other pregnant women and their size is a bad idea...just like comparing children is a bad idea. First of all, is this their first baby? If it is #2 or 3, then they would be showing much sooner than one having their first. Secondly, everyone's body is different...if you have a wider space in your pelvis (this does not mean a big butt!) then there's more room to expand that way instead of straight out. But here's the real deal: eventually you will be "showing" a lot more...to a proportion you will hardly be able to believe. So enjoy both of these times...the not so apparent and the very apparent...and know that either way you are radiant!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I love the new addition on your blog...the countdown to your due date!

Unkempt Mommy said...

Hey Shanley, come post what you have to say. C'mon. I don't bite :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!