How to hold down a full-time career, get a graduate degree, participate in a social/charity group, and grow a fetus in your uterus all at the same time. The working woman's guide to pregnancy.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Every Waking Thought...

For the last three weeks, I've restrained myself. I have gone to great lengths not to blog about my current obsession. But I can stand it no longer.

The one thing that has been the center of my universe for the past month has a name: Hillary. And, no, I'm not talking about a nice name option for my unborn child. I'm talking about Hillary Clinton, the subject of the media plan I'm writing for my graduate course on political campaign communications.

I have become obsessed. I talk about the project with everyone I see. I even dream about Hillary. It's just sad. Sometimes when people ask "how's the baby," for a moment, I think their asking about my paper.

Fortunately, I will deliver this paper on Wednesday. Then I will be able to think about more exciting projects going on in my life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Hillary - when I was in the 7th grade, I named our kitten Hillary for the president's wife.

What are your thoughts about a possible bid for the presidency?

DarcyLaine said...

Samantha--Glad to hear some Hillary-love! I think she would be a great candidate and president... but actually writing the plan that will help her get there has been one of the most challenging assignments I've ever had.

Matt said...

Hillary? That's a terrible name for a guy to have.