How to hold down a full-time career, get a graduate degree, participate in a social/charity group, and grow a fetus in your uterus all at the same time. The working woman's guide to pregnancy.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Work Conversation

One of my goals for the New Year was to start the maternity leave conversation with my bosses. Maintaining a healthy balance between caring for an infant, finishing a masters degree, and moving my career forward is a major priority.

I will discuss all of this in more detail when it is resolved, but I did want to note that I have began these discussions with my employer. Oh what fun.

3 comments:

K said...

Best of luck! They love you, I'm sure it will work out well for all involved. You've got an S on your chest, you're the snr. acct. exec of steel!

Shanley said...

One might think that it would be easier to work this out with a firm that is so in tune with women's issues... but business is business and your absence, no matter how long or short, is going to be painful for them.

I hope that it goes well!

If not, use your superhero powers to change their minds if they disagree with you...

Anonymous said...

Well said, Shanley....superhero powers and positive thinking...you can't miss!!