How to hold down a full-time career, get a graduate degree, participate in a social/charity group, and grow a fetus in your uterus all at the same time. The working woman's guide to pregnancy.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Biggest Surprise

Last week a friend asked what the biggest surprise was...the weirdest thing...now that we are parents and have a baby. I responded that the weirdest part was how un-weird it is. How natural it feels to be Delia's parents.

And that is strange. I don't get up on weekdays to go to the same job I've gone to for over seven years. My schedule is now largely determined by my boobs. I'm somebody's MOTHER! These are big friggin changes...and yet, it feels so completely normal.

I like to think that BD and I are "go with the flow" kind of people and that this type of easy adjustment to parenthood is part of that, but maybe, it's just because we're still in the honeymoon phase of this whole thing. Reality has yet to hit us.

Fine with me. This feels nice.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Wow. It sounds like things are going so well for you. I'm jealous of your easy go with the flow attitude. Can't wait to come down and hold little Delia too! Congratulations. Realizing that you're a parent and actually loving it right away is a huge hurdle that it seems you never even had to hurtle it!