How to hold down a full-time career, get a graduate degree, participate in a social/charity group, and grow a fetus in your uterus all at the same time. The working woman's guide to pregnancy.

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

The New Balance

My plan had been to finish up all of my work for the semester (which ends April 25) by the baby's due date (April 16). But she came three weeks early, so.... new plan!

Fortunately, I feel good and have lots of help. So I'm going to attempt to go to class tonight (but maybe just for an hour), write a paper by Saturday, and go to class on Saturday. I know I don't have to, but I kind of want to. Mostly, I want to bring her and show her off!

As for work, well, I'm officially unemployed right now. I guess April 1 began my maternity leave/ leave of absence/ termination (whatever you feel like calling it). If you'll recall I had a super-productive day at work the day my water broke, so I actually (mostly) left things in a good place. I still have my office to clean out, but I probably take care of that in a couple of weeks.

I'm giving myself some time to figure out this new balance...but so far, I think I really like it.

PS: Our in-house pediatrician moved in yesterday. Lucky, eh?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are working it out - I think I may be jealous of your "freedom." Maybe I should talk to the BF about getting knocked up so I can get out of holding down a job. Hahaha...

Shanley said...

Whatcha been doing? What have your days been like? How much sleep are you getting at a time? Is she still sleeping more than anything else? (your crazy busy life exhausted her even while in the womb!)
I agree - it all sounds great, and that's fabulous! You are making current and future mommies jealous. :)

Chrissy said...

good for you! Not too sore then? At some point I want all the gory blow by blow accounts of labor that make un-Moms faint. Welcome to the club of super-Moms! (start paddling)

K said...

wow! your baby is type A (ontime, under budget). and you are still type A (paper? class? within a week of the hospital? no problem!)

thanks for leaving us not-yet moms with huge shoes to fill ;) just kidding. i'm thrilled to hear you so boldly going where you have not gone before. it gives me hope that babies change life, but don't change one's self.

Anonymous said...

am i the only one who thinks she's either superwoman or crazy?

Anonymous said...

I was amazed to see Darcy, her hubby and Delia when I walked into class last night... it was so sweet to see you all looking so happy. Delia is absolutely adorable!